During this wild time of Coronavirus and social distancing, one of those areas of concern when the newest family member arrives is “Oh crap, how are we going to get our newborn photos done?”
Allow me to introduce you to newborn lifestyle sessions! These types of sessions have been around for some time now, but are lesser known than their big brother, the posed newborn sessions.
So, what are newborn lifestyle sessions and why are they just as great as posed newborn sessions?
Newborn lifestyle sessions happen right in the comfort of your own home. That’s right; I come to you! How easy is that? Instead of packing up that huge diaper bag, bottles, changes of clothes, snacks for siblings, and hitting the road, I pull up in your driveway with camera bag and a face mask and away we go. Lifestyle sessions ROCK , and here’s why:
1. Without the stress of travel and moving around, your baby is more relaxed and so are you!
2. These session go MUCH quicker than posed sessions because the emphasis is on interaction of family members with the baby and with one another without the time of wrapping, dressing, staging and posing.
3. These pictures make absolutely GORGEOUS wall art and beautiful announcements.
4. Because of the nature of the shoot and less editing required, you also get wayyyyy more pictures than a posed shoot. A posed newborn session is 15 images, where lifestyles sessions is 40-50 images.
5. Since the emphasis is on your family and your baby, this is a no-contact type of sessions, which means I won’t be touching or handling your baby, and I will be shooting at a safe distance with lenses that allow me to capture every details without getting too close.
Newborn time is crazy time. Does your house have to be crazy clean for these sessions? Nope. As long as there is somewhere to sit and a nice window, we are good to go. We will also get some pictures inside the nursery, and if the weather is gorgeous, why not step outside for a couple family pictures under a shady tree?
If you would like to inquire about scheduling a newborn lifestyle session, complete the form below and we’ll get you set up! Lifestyle sessions are $250 for and hour and include high resolution digital files delivered via download, and online gallery, and printing rights.